RSS

Monday, January 14, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things


*sings rain drops on roses, but not whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, not scratchy wool mittens*

Everyone has favorite things they can’t live without.  Over time, the list changes with life and with the seasons.  So, I was excited when McGovy started this series on our favorite things.  Bring on the happy in life!  Here is my list…my list right now anyway because tomorrow it will be something else. *grins*

1.)  Noise Cancelling Headphones.  I bought a pair of these a few weeks ago and I’m not sure how I lived without them.  I do a good bit of my writing while my little monkey plays with his toys beside me.  It’s amazing to slip on these headphones and disappear into a fictional world for an hour while battles rage between superheroes and Nurf darts hit me in the head.  *happy sighs* My writing speed has increased and I feel like I’m a better mom because of them.  I’m now able to juggle mom life and writer life with a little more ease.  I recommend these to anyone who works from home.  They’re awesome!


      2.)  Larabars.  I’m addicted.  This is what I have for breakfast everyday with my coffee.  Nom nom nom.  They’re so good and good for you.


      3.)  Clif Bars.  Are we noticing a theme here?  I have no time to eat, people—no time!  If it wasn't for these delicious snack bars, I would starve at lunch every day.  And as a bonus, my little monkey likes them too.  He snacks on them in the car between school and gymnastics in the afternoons.



      4.)  Fireplaces.  I love curling up in front of the fireplace with a book or a drink or my laptop or a magazine…or my husband.  I enjoy the almost singed fabric on the back of my shirt from sitting there too long, the crackle of the logs and the smell of wood smoke lingering in the air. 
 


      5.)  Things that sparkle.  Diamonds, sequins, glitter, and pretty much anything that’s bedazzled.  After all, they are a girl’s best friend, right? 



I hope you've enjoyed my list.  What are your 5 favorite things? I'd love to hear from you. 

2 comments:

Heather McGovern said...

I'm so glad you found the headphones. Serenity & bliss in the writer home.

I'd like to second the Lara Bar and sparkly things love. They make life better. =)

Jeanette said...

I was waiting for the pink sparkly things! Then bang! There they were. :)

My list, of course, includes black things with sparkles.

Post a Comment